I would like to give a heartfelt thank you to L.E.Hunt – The Palace for nominating me for the mystery blogger award and ask all of you to check out her blog. She is a very talented young writer and musician and you will certainly enjoy her work.
Okoto Enigma created this award, so please check out her blog as well.
HERE ARE THE RULES FOR THIS AWARD:
Put the award logo on your blog.
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma) and provide a link as well.
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
Nominate roughly 10 – 20 people for this award.
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
Ask your nominees five questions.
According to the rules, I have to tell you three things about myself. Hopefully it won’t bore you, so please allow me to introduce you to the meanderings of my been around the block mind. According to the name on my blog, I’m Walt. It’s nice to meet you. Walt has many intriguing sides, but I’ll leave it up to you to decide which are important enough to you to continue reading.
1. Walt is a 73 year old retired rock & roll drummer, poet, writer, Air Force veteran, Certified Tennessee Tourism Professional, Open Heart Surgery Survivor and an all around romantic gentleman. Walt lives on 6 country acres on the upper Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee with his wife Susan, their ten dogs and their palomino pinto quarter horse, Teaka. Walt is retired from community association management and resort/hotel operations management. Walt is also a PK – you might want to research that. If you can’t find the answer, just ask Walt.
2. Walt enjoys all kinds of music but is not really fond of rap, heavy metal or opera. His musical tastes include classic rock, Celtic rock, Celtic romantic, big band, new age, instrumental guitar, drum solos and slow, sexy jazz.
3. Walt is proud of his Scottish heritage and is a member of the Lindsay Clan. His dream is to visit Scotland with his wife before his current life is over.
And now, to thrill and excite you even more, here are my answers to the 5 questions I was asked:
1. What do you love more than anything else?
In its most simplistic form, my answer has to be my wife and my life. I will do whatever is necessary to protect both.
2. Have you ever done something that you thought you would regret but didn’t/vice-versa?
When you have lived for 73 years, it’s pretty likely that I have to say yes to both parts of this question. Of course I haven’t regretted things that I thought I would, and yes, I have also done things that i didn’t think I would regret but I do regret them. I will leave it up to my readers to figure out what those things were by subtle hints in things I write.
3. What is your opinion on ladybugs?
I like them for gardens but hate them on my windowsills.
4. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Definitely an extrovert. As a rock and roll drummer and public speaker, it’s impossible to be an introvert. Put me behind a drum set or hand me a microphone and watch me shine!
5. Is there something you wished you liked but don’t?
Of course. I wish I liked crowds, but I don’t. However I do love crowds when I’m on stage. I wish I liked being retired, but I really don’t. I miss working. OK, you caught me. I’m kidding about not liking being retired.
And now I am happy to nominate the following for the Mystery Blogger Award:
Here are my five questions for those I have nominated:
1. What got you started in writing?
2. What is your favorite topic to write about?
3. What is it about my writing that you enjoy?
4. What advice do you have for me to improve my writing?
5. What would you think about adding music that follows the theme of what I post on a website I am creating?
My thanks again to Lilly Hunt for this nomination. It’s time to write some poetry!
Until then, this is Walt, exiting with a drum roll and a cymbal crash…